Granite Master Square

Rauce

Ultra Member
I don’t really need one this big (16x24x3). But the price was pretty good. Tru Stone brand, which is now a division of Starrett. Sold originally as grade AA, 25 millionths per 6”. Current condition unknown but it came from a ISO certified tool and die shop so I assume it will have been calibrated regularly and have a sticker somewhere.

Paid about $500 after tax and fees, won’t be able to pick it up until next week.

Attachments

• AE30D119-B247-4CE9-9299-3995825809EF.jpeg
    AE30D119-B247-4CE9-9299-3995825809EF.jpeg
    564.4 KB · Views: 17

Rauce

Ultra Member
That is a monster! What are you going to do next, scrape a knee mill? :D
I think I’ve talked myself out of that. My excello would need to be reconditioned to justify holding onto it long term. The problem is without adequate working space and a convenient way to move the parts around there isn’t much point. Better off just to sell it as a project or a parts machine to someone else.

Next time I go shopping for a used mill I’ll be inspecting it very closely.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
I don’t really need one this big (16x24x3). But the price was pretty good. Tru Stone brand, which is now a division of Starrett. Sold originally as grade AA, 25 millionths per 6”. Current condition unknown but it came from a ISO certified tool and die shop so I assume it will have been calibrated regularly and have a sticker somewhere.

Paid about $500 after tax and fees, won’t be able to pick it up until next week.
Want to sell it ?