• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Granite base CNC router project

Well, with that kind of attitude your never going to squeeze that shaper in.....;):p
frankly I just want to complete my current swedish death cleaning cycle and be able to get my chipmaster home and operating so I can get to long overdue projects. As much as I love benchtop shapers I dont think I'll own one until I can move out of the city.

The trade off though is that I'll hopefully have space in my house or more likely garage for cnc router. But for that I need new casters on the surface plate stand, because that thing dont roll like it should now.

we have a one car driveway and private roadway with zero parking and our visitors parking is patrolled every night. I'm not keen on leaving my car 400 meters away on city street on a regular basis.
My time as a city dweller was pretty short for some of those very reasons..... Having a ton of amenities at my fingertips that I never felt the desire to utilize didn't make up for the lack of freedom....

My time as a city dweller was pretty short for some of those very reasons.....

+1 on that. We lived in the city for the first 2 years we were married. In that short time I broke up a street gang rape, woke up a dozen drunks sleeping on my porch, had my first car stolen, parted out, and then burned, and spent too many sleepless nights with rocks thrown through our windows.

Folks in the country have weapons so crime is much lower. Really only had one attempted burglary at a previous home in the country that didn't get far and never lost a catalytic converter, a tire, or a radio.

Back