• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Good Day , from Hamilton Ontario

Kodascope

Good Day everyone, I'm Tim from Hamilton Ontario.
I'm no professional when it comes to metal working, I know enough to keep me out of trouble or is it get me into trouble?

Some of you might recognize the name KODASCOPE which was a name used by Kodak. I collect, repair, restore and play around with old movie projectors and cameras. Along with many other things from that era, phonographs, tape recoders etc.

Over the last couple years my workshop has grown with a mill and latest addition being a metal laith.

Welcome from Lillooet BC. Pull up a stump, lots of good info and a little humor around every corner here.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
Welcome aboard, super fantastic forum, enjoy!

Born Hamilton, raised and educated Stoney Creek eons ago!

trlvn

Ultra Member
Welcome from Oakville. Are you making parts for cameras or projectors? Sounds challenging!

Craig

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
Welcome to this bunch.
Lots of experiences to share from many specialties.
BTW it‘s spelled ’Lathe’.
I am surprised one of the members didn’t point that out already - LOL.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Good Day everyone, I'm Tim from Hamilton Ontario.
I'm no professional when it comes to metal working, I know enough to keep me out of trouble or is it get me into trouble?

Some of you might recognize the name KODASCOPE which was a name used by Kodak. I collect, repair, restore and play around with old movie projectors and cameras. Along with many other things from that era, phonographs, tape recoders etc.

Over the last couple years my workshop has grown with a mill and latest addition being a metal laith.
If you like old timey stuff, check out cowboy shooting. There’s a match in your ‘hood tomorrow (Sunday). Bunch of grown men and ladies playing dress up, it’s a hoot.

Bring earmuffs :D