• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

FRV30-GH1440B Lathe $3,500

historicalarms

Ultra Member
Force International = House of tools import. I think it is the same lathe my buddy bought just before they closed their doors, it was advertised as their "Gunsmith" model and when new, set him back just over 7 grand.

it has been a good machine for him, will cut much harder material than my 1336 will without bucking and complaining .

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I looked at them and IIRC they were Taiwanese and seemed better made/finished than King that was sitting beside it.

Last edited:

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
If I were in the market it definitely would be worth a good look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crankit

Force International = House of tools import. I think it is the same lathe my buddy bought just before they closed their doors, it was advertised as their "Gunsmith" model and when new, set him back just over 7 grand.

it has been a good machine for him, will cut much harder material than my 1336 will without bucking and complaining .

Three phase machine or 220v?

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
I would expect it would be single phase 220v coming from HoT but you'd have to ask the seller. If it is three phase, I just did a VFD on my new lathe and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, a bit of Youtube for the programming and a bit of wiring rework for the for/rev and frequency control. I still use the lathes speed gearing but the frequency control is nice for "tweaking" to get the speed just right.
If someone is seriously interested I could go have a look.
Edit - I just noticed the knob seems to be missing from the cross slide/ longitudinal feed handle. Not a big deal to replace but where is it and what else is missing.

historicalarms

Ultra Member
My Lathe is a House of Tools item as well and the lathes at Sait were "Modern" plated. My Lathe and theirs were identical right down to the casting joints flashing and hand wheels.