FRV30-GH1440B Lathe $3,500

Force International = House of tools import. I think it is the same lathe my buddy bought just before they closed their doors, it was advertised as their "Gunsmith" model and when new, set him back just over 7 grand.

it has been a good machine for him, will cut much harder material than my 1336 will without bucking and complaining .

YotaBota

Super User
Premium Member
I looked at them and IIRC they were Taiwanese and seemed better made/finished than King that was sitting beside it.

Last edited:

Crankit

Premium Member
Force International = House of tools import. I think it is the same lathe my buddy bought just before they closed their doors, it was advertised as their "Gunsmith" model and when new, set him back just over 7 grand.

it has been a good machine for him, will cut much harder material than my 1336 will without bucking and complaining .
Three phase machine or 220v?

YotaBota

Super User
Premium Member
I would expect it would be single phase 220v coming from HoT but you'd have to ask the seller. If it is three phase, I just did a VFD on my new lathe and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, a bit of Youtube for the programming and a bit of wiring rework for the for/rev and frequency control. I still use the lathes speed gearing but the frequency control is nice for "tweaking" to get the speed just right.
If someone is seriously interested I could go have a look.
Edit - I just noticed the knob seems to be missing from the cross slide/ longitudinal feed handle. Not a big deal to replace but where is it and what else is missing.

My Lathe is a House of Tools item as well and the lathes at Sait were "Modern" plated. My Lathe and theirs were identical right down to the casting joints flashing and hand wheels.