found the write insert for tool holder

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
Could you help me I try to found the insert for some tool holder on web site like Aliexpress ,Alibaba,Amazon,Ebay . They show you the holder good price but they don't tell you or showing you the compatible insert ??? .I am new on machinist an have a lot to learn. One item was Maifix similar to this one. Thank you 1581713680946.png

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member

Attachments

• SNAG-2-15-2020 0000.jpg
    SNAG-2-15-2020 0000.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 0

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
One thing I noticed is that system uses shims under the insert & top anvil type hold-down. Did you have this system in mind for a particular reason? Not that its bad (I think it copies a big boy system) just more things to deal with. There are other popular holders where the insert is retained in a milled pocket with a single screw. CCMT DCMT for example. They have the advantage of utilization in many other toolholders including boring bars.

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
I have a few of those kit most come from Busybee but they don't offer many options ,and many time they are out of stuff. This is what I don't like when your ordering something on line. It is not easy for me like car part most time it is not clear. But with you I learn more and that help a lot. I saw on your site a place they explain the number and letter of the definition of the item. Thank you