• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

found the write insert for tool holder

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
Could you help me I try to found the insert for some tool holder on web site like Aliexpress ,Alibaba,Amazon,Ebay . They show you the holder good price but they don't tell you or showing you the compatible insert ??? .I am new on machinist an have a lot to learn. One item was Maifix similar to this one. Thank you 1581713680946.png

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member

Attachments

• SNAG-2-15-2020 0000.jpg
    SNAG-2-15-2020 0000.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 0

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
One thing I noticed is that system uses shims under the insert & top anvil type hold-down. Did you have this system in mind for a particular reason? Not that its bad (I think it copies a big boy system) just more things to deal with. There are other popular holders where the insert is retained in a milled pocket with a single screw. CCMT DCMT for example. They have the advantage of utilization in many other toolholders including boring bars.

Marc Moreau

Marc Moreau
I have a few of those kit most come from Busybee but they don't offer many options ,and many time they are out of stuff. This is what I don't like when your ordering something on line. It is not easy for me like car part most time it is not clear. But with you I learn more and that help a lot. I saw on your site a place they explain the number and letter of the definition of the item. Thank you