• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Force GL - 300 C x 914

Has anyone owned or operated a Force GL - 300 C x 914 lathe? My offer was accepted for one outside of Edmonton. Deposit is being put down now, and just wanted some insight on this import machine.

Attachments

• 9030618E-A494-455B-9321-21097C162F63.png
    9030618E-A494-455B-9321-21097C162F63.png
    991.1 KB · Views: 33
  • E02802E7-231D-456F-80E2-75571848B650.png
    E02802E7-231D-456F-80E2-75571848B650.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • A797628F-DAFA-488A-B567-C57032E8EC08.png
    A797628F-DAFA-488A-B567-C57032E8EC08.png
    933 KB · Views: 29

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Didn't House Of Tools use the Force name on some of their stuff at one time? Looks like one of the many imported machines as YotaBota says. Congrats.

Thanks gents, will post pics once I get the machine in a few days. This will replace my Clausing that I just got fully operational thanks to RobinHoods advice.

Everett

Super User
Looks very similar to the lathe we had at the high school where I taught, Force name and everything. It was a pretty typical import 12x36, came from the House of Tools. Worked well enough, but make sure the quick change gear box for threading and power feed is kept lubed, I had that thing apart a few times on the school lathe, cleaning up shafts and bores when the kids wouldn't lube the machine before using it. Shafts are steel running on the castings with oil drip holes holding string wicks. The one at the school also had a plastic idler gear in the gear train from spindle to quick change box, it got replaced a few times too, including the times when the quick change piled up.

If a similar one (for the most part) survived my kids when I was teaching, you should be fine, lol!

JohnW

(John)
I used to own one of those. I still have the manual as a pdf and a bunch of data on the internal gearing if you want it. Just PM me. PeterT linked to my for-sale thread above. I was happy with it. I only sold it to upgrade to a larger machine that I got a good deal on. The old machine made several of the replacement parts that were broken on its replacement.

50north

Premium Member
I used to own one of those. I still have the manual as a pdf and a bunch of data on the internal gearing if you want it. Just PM me. PeterT linked to my for-sale thread above. I was happy with it. I only sold it to upgrade to a larger machine that I got a good deal on. The old machine made several of the replacement parts that were broken on its replacement.
Hi John, any chance I could get a copy of this pdf? Thanks