• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

For sale Atlas 7B shaper

Douglas

I have an Atlas 7B shaper for sale as is. I came across this unit in December, it cycles back and forth fine but I have never used it. It does look like it is in good solid shape except for the top adjusting handle is broke but it still travels up and down fine. I have deliberately joined this sight to offer it to members of this forum first.
I am asking $825.00 or possibly open to reasonable offer. You will have to cover shipping. I will box it up properly at my end and cover the wood cost.
Sajo58
was wondering if you still had this for sale

trevj

Ultra Member
It's likely gone as the original post was from 2017.
...but never let hope stand in the way of common sense! LOL!

I have had, and given away, a South Bend of similar size, as I already had a Aamco/Delta 7 inch that I paid a similar amount for (as this one) and a friend had no shaper. Dunno if I did myself poorly on the deal as a choice between the two, but I have no regerts! (meme warning!)

A friend has an Atlas on the cast factory legs, in very nice shape. I figure the Shaper, Horizontal Mill, then the lathes, from Atlas, represent their general levels of 'cheapening' their products, as the Shapers esp., and to a lesser extent the Mills, used a LOT of cast iron, for objects of their size!

IMO, pretty much any of the 7 inch stroke shapers of that era, don't have much capability over any other Brand's offerings. Condition is what to look for, if given a choice!