• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

For sale Atlas 7B shaper

sajo 58

I have an Atlas 7B shaper for sale as is. I came across this unit in December, it cycles back and forth fine but I have never used it. It does look like it is in good solid shape except for the top adjusting handle is broke but it still travels up and down fine. I have deliberately joined this sight to offer it to members of this forum first.
I am asking $825.00 or possibly open to reasonable offer. You will have to cover shipping. I will box it up properly at my end and cover the wood cost.
Sajo58

Attachments

• IMG_1189.JPG
    IMG_1189.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1191.JPG
    IMG_1191.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1195.JPG
    IMG_1195.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1200.JPG
    IMG_1200.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 109

Jimbojones

Substantial piece of metal and what they do...they do well. Unfortunately, they don't do a whole lot relative to a milling machine. Had the chance to grab one when I bought my lathe last year and the guy admitted he couldn't give it away (I think it was a hint for me to do that for him).

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Sorry price and shipping too high for me. It does look like it is all there in not too bad shape.

Jimbo, you get the best deals! You did pick up the shaper, right?

- If I run across one that is really affordable, I'd love to restore it.

Earl Wong

I have an Atlas 7B shaper for sale as is. I came across this unit in December, it cycles back and forth fine but I have never used it. It does look like it is in good solid shape except for the top adjusting handle is broke but it still travels up and down fine. I have deliberately joined this sight to offer it to members of this forum first.
I am asking $825.00 or possibly open to reasonable offer. You will have to cover shipping. I will box it up properly at my end and cover the wood cost.

Please contact me if its still available... ewong@westgatechev.com

Tom O

Ultra Member
Sorry it's not for sale they get passed along to the next gen Grandad's lathe is in the garage Dads is downstairs with his shaper and my craftex 601 mill.

Earl Wong

Thought I'd give it a shot. I think its great these machines get handed down.. yours looks to be in great shape. There is a new one still in its crate that the U.S. military did not use that is available for $6500 U.S. - For some strange reason I still consider it. My addiction. I need therapy.

Tom O

Ultra Member
for $6500.00 it should be gold plated! But you never know it could be fully tooled , extended table would be nice it's on the todo list.

Peter P

Sajo58
HI! Sajo58!
Do you still have your metal shaper Atlas 7B for sale!
With respect Will you accept $700,00 for it,and crate it safely for transport!
you can answer me on my e-mail pierre.perron@irkalla.net

Thanks very much,

Pierre Perron from Coaticook QC

Last edited:

Jimbojones

Hope you get a response but basically person joined to write the ad, stuck around for 11 days then vanished.

Earl Wong

Ok finally got an Atlas Shaper from Ontario - Its an early version with serial number 101, the biggest differences in this early version compared to the 7B that most people have: does not have a table support, the ratchet housing is made from cast iron rather than Zamak, it uses 3 gib screws on the tool post slide rather than 4, there are other minor differences in parts, could not find a parts catalog for the early version, according to Clausing it was produced in 1937 to 1938 based on the serial number.
And so the rebuild begins with a complete teardown, will have to scrape a lot of surfaces and make a few parts

Attachments

• iphone 062.JPG
    iphone 062.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 31
  • iphone 063.JPG
    iphone 063.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 27
  • iphone 064.JPG
    iphone 064.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 25
  • iphone 065.JPG
    iphone 065.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 23
  • iphone 066.JPG
    iphone 066.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 21

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sweet, Earl! Be sure to keep the camera close to document the rebuild. I'll be particularly interested in the surfaces & scraping part. Did you say at some point you took a scraping workshop or course or something?

Earl Wong

IMG_2460.JPG IMG_2475.JPG IMG_2461.JPG IMG_2474.JPG IMG_2482.JPG IMG_2479.JPG Absolutely Peter, i really would like to take a Richard King scraping class but have only been introduced to scraping about 17 years ago when i spent a couple of months in Germany.

While im waiting for an Anderson scraper and some other supplies i ordered from AW Precision, the shaper has been completely disassembled, base and body painted, i decided to make 2 wiper covers for the ram slide ways. This early version was not built with them so i decided to make them as close to original as possible.

Andre23

Sajo58
You still haves the metal shaper tanks haves a nice days