• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Finished Basement Workshop?

Hacker

Super User
Two? Lucky guy. We'd love another but our little guy has lots of anxiety issues. He would not do well with competition for my wife's attention.

Porties rock. Although I always smile when I think how smart and mischievous they can be. I can't count the number of times I've had to relate how this happened, or that happened, always prefaced by the phrase, "Sadly, he was unattended at the time..".

An unsupervised Portie is never a good idea, but always an entertaining one.
We have had Porties for over thirty years. They do like a lot of attention and need supervision as they are pretty busy. Ours are constantly with my wife, if she is not giving them attention when they want it they will come looking for me as I am second best in their books.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Wow that is a pretty old for a Portie. Our old guy is close to 14. It would be difficult to be without a dog.

Ive had about 15 dogs in my life. Only went without one for one year back when Parvo Virus hit because we lost 3 dogs in a row and the vet said we needed to go without till the virae in the house were gone.

Except for 2 beagles and one terrier sized mutt, my dogs have all been 50 to 100 pounds.

This last year I lost 2 girls. The first at 8 to seizures and last month the second at 14 to old age.

It hurts being without a dog again for the second time in my life. But the wife and I are gunna try to do without for at least 6 months to see how we feel in the longer term. Right now it's rough. Every place I go I see the dogs.

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
We have had Porties for over thirty years. They do like a lot of attention and need supervision as they are pretty busy. Ours are constantly with my wife, if she is not giving them attention when they want it they will come looking for me as I am second best in their books.
Ditto. Ours is Velcro’d to my wife. I’m just a surrogate when she’s gone.

Looking at all the responses in this thread we all seem to be a bunch of softies for our pets. When I had my CNC plasma, I used to make custom clocks for people, based on breed.

1647190550677.jpeg

Last edited:

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Ditto. Our is Velcro’d to my wife. I’m just a surrogate when she’s gone.

Looking at all the responses in this thread we all seem to be a bunch of softies for our pets. When I had my CNC plasma, I used to make custom clocks for people, based on breed.

View attachment 21949
My bookkeeper threatens delinquent accounts with her puppy. So for Christmas I bought a collar with a dog tag that had her phone number on one side and “accounts receivable” on the other side. :D

I forget the breed but she’d lick you to death is about all, she’s just a big sweety

The dog, not the bookkeeper :D

Hacker

Super User
Ditto. Ours is Velcro’d to my wife. I’m just a surrogate when she’s gone.

View attachment 21949
Great idea, I am sure my wife would like one like that. I had this made up a few years ago.
18556680_10212438103015216_2299440499035636181_o.jpg