• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

ER32 hex block

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Yes, combined with a ball bearing nut I had no complaints.
@PaulL bought them from me.

I was having fun @David_R8 . See @Janger's original post:

There are lots on ali, ebay, amazon, comments seem to indicate many of them are pretty poor, or the guy thinks it's great, gives it 5 stars, but he hasn't tried it yet. :rolleyes:

Sometimes, I think I'm being funny but I'm the only one laughing. Its sad, but at my age it could be MUCH WORSE! Just groan and put up with me.

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
Sometimes, I think I'm being funny but I'm the only one laughing. Its sad, but at my age it could be MUCH WORSE! Just groan and put up with me.

Must be an aging thing lol. I seem to laugh at myself quite often as well.
Although my sense of humor has got me in trouble at times.

As you say, it could be much worse. I choose to let things roll off the shoulders these days without a care in the world. Laughter keeps each day moving along during these crazy times, even if we laugh at ourselves.

Well I have them ER32 Ball Nuts (5 of them), even with shipping still cheaper than buying here.

Quick review, a standard nut is a little more tapered on the outside so if you need that extra clearance in tooling setup, standard is the way to go. On the other hand in terms of tightening subject feel after using the first one, definitely better. Easier to increase clamping force.

I would suggest the extra cost us worth it.

Found some notes that give an idea pf ER sizing, the number designates the maximum size in mm the collet can handle. ER collets typically have about 1mm size range.