Enterprise 1810 High Speed Precision Lathe, $7000, Calgary, AB

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
b2356db6-f8ec-4530-b587-1f4ff31d2158

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Needs chains to keep it tamed and it needs a clutch, to much machine for me. lol

The model is Enterprise but who is the builder? I see an MK logo and the one label has Germany but I haven't found any references to the actual company.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Good to hear your machine is working for you, I read a lot of not good comments about stuff coming out of India.

In my recent experience, the new India is the old China. I've purchased roughly a dozen things from India in the last two years - some deliberately, some not knowing. All of it was junk. Usually an order of magnitude worse than claimed. It will be a long time before I buy anything else on purpose made in India.

JustaDB

Ultra Member
Price drop: $1000.

Ironman

Ultra Member
Mysore Kirloskar - branded Enterprise. Made in India. Modern Tool sold them for years. I bought my 1550 from them in 1983, it has been a good machine for me (I like it, still use it most every day).
My lathe is a MK as well. Very well built heavy castings. If it needs to be 1/2" make it an inch thick. They seem to have farmed the castings out all over for the precision work. My ways have Poland stamped on them. It will be the last lathe I own.
I wish they gave more facts in these ads, like headstock bore, etc