• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Easy End Mill Sharpening Jig Project

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Does it do a near factory job ? Looks good

Not even close. It only sharpens the primary/secondary angled portions of the end face, does nothing to the flutes. But I will say having it quadrupled the life I get out of my end mills. It will handle 1/4"-1" endmills and two flute are the easiest to sharpen. Four flute are a little picky to do.

Last edited:
You can also use your mill to sharpen them, with better results as it is more controllable, using similar fixtures. Basically you are converting you mill into a precision grinder. No I have not personally tried it.

Fixtures for surface grinders (if you gave the grinder)

Denkle Clone (I have a Shars one as it uses 5c collets), still learning. Does Flutes and leading edge, center cut, can but still figuring that out.

True purpose built grinders.

Journeyman Grinder.

Final true dedicated CNC grinder regrinders if you have the budget (ie win the lotto).

Important thing to remember HSS regular grinding wheels, Carbide, diamond wheels a must.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the information. I am wondering about touching up the flutes on side of the end mill. If that makes sense.