Supplies Dykem blue

Supplies

joefrombc

Hello. Where does everyone get their layout fluid? Amazon seems a little on the high-side, as does Travers.

Thank you.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I get prussian blue on Amazon and dykem at my local jobber (Varco). It's always on the shelf where you go in.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I found that some layout blue products flake off when scratching in lines, but Sharpie doesn't. Enough for me. I've used the spray bluing, and it works fine, but is way too expensive to stock. Once this can is used up, I won't replace it.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I use sharpie now almost 100% too. Our shop is about 50/50 Dykem/sharpie. The guys that use dykem use it at an alarming rate too. I'm talking smurf massacre amount of blue all over everything.

I DO like it for plate layout work, but can't even remember the last time I did that manually. All CNC now.

Aliva

Super User
I missed that one. It indicates one item , and I assumed it was 1 marker. but looking at the box it indicates 12

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Slightly cheaper on Amazon

And here I thought you and @Dabbler were talking Dykem sharpies when all along you meant just plain old regular sharpies!

Blue, General Purpose, Dykem Marking Pen (1 Each) https://a.co/d/7jdbZfQ

Mine is actually branded. "Dykem".

I like your versions better if it works cuz I could leave a sharpie in my shirt pocket 24/7.

My dykem pen sits on my lathe because I use it a lot. Especially for threading.

I'm actually planning to reverse my 127 gear because the tooth counts are not visible most of the time and I routinely mess up thinking I had last used an xx gear when it really was a yy.