• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
  • The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is here! Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year. Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.

Downsizing my big shop

I still want your shear, bender, and the corner cutter. I just need to finish a shed…. My life is over till I get this done!
 
A lot of moving things around and some interesting rigging and lots of driving but all the machines are in there new home and I'm currently moving everything around in shop so I can give them a clean and start using them agian and sometime in the future start to restore them.

I appreciate john giving me the opportunity to bring some of this beautiful old iron.

IMG_20260906_221432468_HDR.jpgIMG_20260907_163610579_MP.jpgIMG_20260921_104703761_HDR.jpg
 
That is one bad@ss lathe! The turret looks like it could build a main battle tank all by itself. I don't recall seeing/hearing about it before. Can you tell is the story?

Craig
 
It's a VDF Boehringer 48SR MODEL It was the best lathe I ever used/ owned. It has power feed on the turret and it's own transmission for numerous feed rates, 30 spindle speeds 11.7 to 2240 rpm, 112 imperial threads, 60 or so metric threads. It has both Module and DP hob making pitches, 7.5 hp and can take 3/4 inch cuts(on the diameter) in 3" OD 4140 with practically no deflection. This model is the toolroom version.
 
My father imported many used metal working machines for resale from Denmark 1979 to 1982 then the NEP hit and overnight Calgary became a ghost town for industry. This lathe was one of machines he imported. His bank seized all his assets to secure their bottom line immediately after the last shipment arrived.
 
Back
Top