Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.
The 2026 Calgary Area Meetup is set for Saturday May 30th at 10am. The signup thread is
here!
Robinhood has graciously offered to host the meetup again this year.
Please note that you MUST RSVP to the notice linked above if you wish to come.
I figured out a while back that I wouldn't be using my big machines anymore as I no longer have the strength to use them. Thanks to @justin1, they are all gone. This is a huge relief for me as I now only have to contend with smaller machines and 30 plus years of tool collecting to deal with.
A lot of moving things around and some interesting rigging and lots of driving but all the machines are in there new home and I'm currently moving everything around in shop so I can give them a clean and start using them agian and sometime in the future start to restore them.
I appreciate john giving me the opportunity to bring some of this beautiful old iron.
That is one bad@ss lathe! The turret looks like it could build a main battle tank all by itself. I don't recall seeing/hearing about it before. Can you tell is the story?