• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Do-all 26 inch band saw, $800, Calgary AB

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member

188574f7-503e-44a1-87de-440f36712446

About 8ft tall and weighs 2300 lbs:eek:

jorogi

Fabbing a table would be a job and a half, the DoAll ones are a large, heavy casting, very robust.

Deal at twice the price, makes me feel good, I got mine for less with the table, welder, grinder, fence, and four sets of blade guides. Mind you I did have to switch a plug so it would fit my power receptacles.

John

Chipper5783

Seems to have been listed since October 12th. No table, no blade welder - if one had the floor space it would be a cool project (I’ve been in quite a few shops, doesn’t seem like a common use machine - perhaps that certain task, cheaper than a laser/water jet etc).

trevj

Ultra Member
Great saw. Owner can go swimming with it, without the table on it, for that price!

No blade welder is a PITA, but a minor one.

Hard no, until the price is less than the gas money to get it from somewhere close, esp. if the table was originally a Hydraulic power feed one!

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Hard no, until the price is less than the gas money to get it from somewhere close, esp. if the table was originally a Hydraulic power feed one!

Around here, I've seen really bad DoAll bandsaws in terrible shape, incomplete, go for 1500-2000$ The only thing that is hard to fix or fabricate your way out of, is the vari-drive. If that wasn't working well, then it should be a hard NO. Tables are available, for a price, but making your own gimbles and putting a 1/2" slab on top isn't rocket science either. But that is if your hobby is fixing up machines.

Everybody's hobbhy is different. Values differ. I can only say what it is based on my values and skills.

trevj

Ultra Member
Around here, I've seen really bad DoAll bandsaws in terrible shape, incomplete, go for 1500-2000$ The only thing that is hard to fix or fabricate your way out of, is the vari-drive. If that wasn't working well, then it should be a hard NO. Tables are available, for a price, but making your own gimbles and putting a 1/2" slab on top isn't rocket science either. But that is if your hobby is fixing up machines.

Everybody's hobbhy is different. Values differ. I can only say what it is based on my values and skills.
Yeah, fill yer boots. Not a little bit interested, here, at any price over what I can get for yesterday's beer cans though!

Seen too many better equipped and more importantly "Complete" saws out there, to think this is worth any money at all!