• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Delrin source?

Actually it would be great if you could give us a heads up when they have a large selection in stock. I might make the trip all the way from Hamilton if I knew they had it. Don't know of anything comparable in Hamilton. National Surplus in Hamilton apparently closed its doors last year.
I took a detour today to check out KW surplus and unfortunately must report they not only had no Delrin but had no other plastics. A small amount of plexiglass but nothing else.
Odd. They have always had lots that for many years.
Maybe the plastic shop they got it from went under.

they had blocks of wood in the rack they used to keep it in.

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
I’ve used it for calibration cylinders in a gas/liquid measurement system, since it’s easy to machine, holds tight tolerances, similar dielectric properties to Teflon, and doesn’t absorb water. Currently making a prototype multi-bit screwdriver using Delrin for the bit holder/handle, much cleaner to machine than ABS or PVC, doesn‘t shatter when cold or when I drop it. Altogether really nice stuff to machine.

Perry

Ultra Member
I've purchased it at Industrial Plastics and Paints in Calgary in the past. I know they have locations in B.C. I used to buy from them in Vancouver.

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
There is a source of Delrin in Kitchener.
Piedmont Plastics on Trillium Drive.
See the listing here.

Spaenaur will also stock some types of UHMW.
LenVW

LenVW

Process Machinery Designer
Premium Member
plasticblocks.com does have DELRIN.
Use their ‘search window’ to look for … Acetal .

(DELRIN is a product name that Dupont Plastics has trademark’d).

Late to the party here but Plastic World in the GTA is a great source. Plasticworld.ca - only catch is you have to call or email to see what's in stock. A little cumbersome in today's world but they will cut to any size and have a lot of stock in both white and black.

Yes I can likely get it, question becomes are you willing to price. If you are stuck let me know and I'll try a few of my sources in the GTA.