• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Deckel Mill Calgary 2000

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
The machine is very clean, smooth, very little wear. (I was the devil on RH's shoulder while he was deciding). One minor mechanical defect. Motor will work on 240V 3PH.

It came with more than 200$ in collets and accessories.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Predictable in a good way!

The second best thing to owning own is having you 15 minutes away with one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
Congrats. Is this filling a spot or is something going out the door that this is going to replace?

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
It is joining 3 other Deckel machines. I did sell a lathe earlier - so there is that “spot to fill”.

I do have a nice BP that I like very much. I do have the 90* drive to make it a “horizontal mill”. It works well for small stuff and I made a special 7/8” arbour for it. It is not really rigid enough for my 1.25” cutters. This mill will fill that spot nicely.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Glad it went to a good home. Look forward to its inspection teardown whenever its place comes up in the Doctor's que HaHa.

Is it metric dials or IMP? Any sense what kind of work it was used for from the place you acquired? I'm always curious about the historical trivia because those machines were probably more difficult and expensive to get here I would think. Sometimes they migrate from eastern Canada where there was more industry. Or sometime its because the owner/operator just wanted it for particular reasons. The vertical T-slot sub-table apron on the front of main table isn't something you see on typical Bridgeport machines by design, but I could see that offering lots of setup utility. Cool score!

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I have not even checked if the dials are IMP or Metric. When I saw a working 3 axis Meister DRO, I forgot about that...

The table can support 3000 kg (Just over 6000 lbs). There was another universal table available that bolts to the slant bed (tilt in two axis and swivel, “only“ 1000 kg load capacity though). This one does not have it. They are available from Europe used - they are expensive.

I do not have too much on the history of the machine right now. The shop was very busy for a Saturday with all kinds of machines running (mostly CNC mills) and the owner was also busy running around assisting his employees. So not much time for questions. Basically looked over the machine, turned some dials, were shown the included items, talked about loading and the price and shook hands. All done in 40 min.

Hope to get more history details when I go pick it up.

It will need a good cleaning at least. I’ll probably do a complete tear down and rebuild at some point.