Deckel Mill Calgary 2000

Tom O

Ultra Member
It looks not bad strange pic with the T slots below the table but I wouldn’t mind a horizontal mill either.

I’m heading out of town tomorrow early so Ill have too pass this up. If anyone is interested let me know cause I believe I’m first in line for purchase.

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
I sure looks clean for 2K, doesn't it:eek:

Hey Craig agree with your observation I was thinking along the same lines. Asking price is throwing me off some but again I'm no expert on this kind of mill, might something be amiss with the beast but not mentioned in the add??? Just saying!

Last edited:

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Well Dusty you could park that old rust bucket of yours outside, then you would have room for the Deckel. ;);)

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
My next-door neighbour has one of these. Really sweet machine, built like a tank, integral power feed on all axis, swivelling table. I can’t tell from the photos if this one has the swivel table option. If I was in Calgary it would be on the way to my shop (provided I could convince the cruise director that she doesn’t need a vacation this year)

John Conroy

Premium Member
I hope someone here buys that. I'd be first in line for it if I had any room left in my shop. It looks to be in amazing condition.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
(provided I could convince the cruise director that she doesn’t need a vacation this year)

come on, its a Deckel for cheap....I'd get over there and deploy the maxim "far easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission" :D

If any are heading over, some of the Deckels have whats its in my opinion a very poor spindle design - needle bearings with the other race the housing and inner the shaft. When they wear there's about no way to fix it short of regrind and create a new bearing of the then increased size with possibly costom made needles. Expensive. Don't know which models this applies to. Indicate the shaft and apply some radial pressure...if you get movement, more than a tenth or two, it could be trouble. Perhaps doubtful given it looks not that old, however better safe than sorry as this is a known issue

Last edited:

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
From what I've heard / read about Deckels, that seems almost "too good to be true". Top shelf, high precision machines. If I had more room !

gerritv

Gerrit
Ship via LTL, if you are not nearby. I can't get it into my basement, else it would on its way here.

Once you get a taste for quality machinery you can't go back. My Alexander d-bit grinder is Deckel equivalent in quality, also have some swiss tools (Reglus drill jig). Superb working with this stuff.
Sadly most North American companies wouldn't pay for that level of quality (quote from someone on Practical Machinist who was chatting with Stefan Gotteswinter a few years back.), that is why you seldom see Deckel FP's come up for sale here.

Gerrit