• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Deckel FP 3 L

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the offer @Dabbler. Forgot you recently acquired one…

For this purpose, the Spin Dexer I got from Bert was plenty good enough since he had tuned it up. In the past, I had used my offshore one (it has been modded as well - just not as extensively as Bert’s) as a punch grinder replacement.

Yes, it works very well - as long as your surface grinder has the real estate to accommodate the two items.

The proper tool is a punch grinder. They are very compact, super accurate and can be pricey. I don’t have one.

Holy crap, those aren't cheap at all. I have one, and I will guarantee I didn't pay that much for it..... My grin will be even bigger next time I get down to the shop and see it again. :)

a smile

Lifelong hobby - cold iron
Premium Member
机器安全到家。使用升降床拖车。我们能够将装有磨机的叉车开上降到地面的甲板。5000 磅的叉车必须稍微工作才能将其固定到位,但它成功了。

这是准备回家的负载。是的,我知道,有很多皮带。
[附件=满]15641[/附件]

我们正在使用 5500 磅托盘搬运车卸载。绳索在那里控制甲板的速度。拍完这些照片后,机器在托盘搬运车上发生了意想不到的移动。我们立即用安全带固定工厂并重新组合我们的方法。从对面使用第二个 5500 磅托盘搬运车,然后我们能够将磨机安全地带到陆地上。抱歉,没有移动那个阶段的照片,因为我们的重点是安全地继续工作而不是拍照。

[附件=满]15642[/附件]
[附件=满]15638[/附件]

它现在在安全地在水泥地上。

然后我们开始开始开始我们开始我们商店商店商店商店的的他的他他他((是的……(我只有一个1/2”的夹头,对此非常兴奋)。它们旁边的锥形锥体是主轴适配器,可将夹头直接安装在垂直和水面上 - 主轨

The machine is safely home. Used a lift bed trailer. We were able to drive the forklift with the mill up the deck that was lowered to the ground. The 5000 lbs forklift had to work a bit to get it in position, but it worked out.

Here is the load ready for the trip home. Yeah, I know, lots of straps.
View attachment 15641

We were offloading using a 5500 lbs pallet jack. The rope is there to control the speed down the deck. Right after we took these pictures, we had an unexpected move of the machine on the pallet jack. We immediately secured the mill with safety straps and regrouped our approach. Using a second 5500 lbs pallet jack from the opposite side, we were then able to bring the mill safely onto terra firma. Sorry, no pictures of that phase of the move as our focus was heightened on safely continuing the job and not taking pictures.

View attachment 15642
View attachment 15638

It is now safely on the concrete floor.

然后我们开始拆箱……(当我们到达他的商店时,卖家已经把所有东西都打包好了)。这是随附配件的图片。左边是 Deckel 夹头,也适合我的 Deckel SO 工具磨床,是的……(我只有一个 1/2” 的夹头,对此非常高兴)。它们旁边的锥形锥体是主轴适配器,可将夹头直接安装在垂直和水平主轴上 - 节省了大量的头部空间。
View attachment 15639

非常感谢 @Dabbler 今天的大力帮助。非常感激。
这是我最喜欢的铣床。有机会我会去你的工作室跟你交流

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The missing hand wheel

Took some time off from the outdoor summer project (re-shingling the house) and finally made the missing hand wheel for the mill.

It is used to manually turn the input shaft for easier gear selection, cutter touch-off, etc.

From the manual, it looked like it was about 7” diameter, without any spokes - for safety as this spins without a cover outside of the rear housing any time the machine runs.

BA84BAF9-8209-41CF-B8A6-F996D395C66D.jpeg

I had some 1” cut-off aluminum plate and some 2.25” cut-off solid round aluminum bar. I made the main part of the wheel “about 7” “(don’t know what it ended up being - because I never measured it; not sure if that is even allowed in the machining world?).

3C66BB35-206C-4774-BFFF-7773D9E73144.jpeg

Chucked up the irregular shaped plate in the 4J, bored it out for a heavy press fit onto the boss. Took all of 35 tones (should have heated up the plate for an easier press, oh well).

Machined half the 1” width to the OD (which I did not measure) and the boss nose and the recess and the M12 through hole all in one set-up.

3C17623B-A9BB-4210-84FE-E06F8F95A50F.jpeg

Flipped the thing around and finished the front side to make it look like the rear side as far as the relief and 3/8” radiussed wheel edges.

(the radius cutter is parallel with the lathe axis - the picture shows it off for some reason; maybe camera angle?)
2479AADF-9E46-4F21-82A2-A891F588BAD2.jpeg

D2AE1E3C-03EF-48C6-A8EB-00124B64D2F1.jpeg

Last thing was to drill for the drive pins. Centered M12 hole under the mill spindle using a gauge pin and then offset 18mm in each direction for the holes.

AFB66A63-902C-4563-BE8D-BC9B84963835.jpeg

The nose shoulder is a really close fit onto the pulley nose of the input shaft. The drive pins are probably not necessary, but the OE had them, so I put them back in.

10B7DB98-C2FD-40A0-AE97-DB53A224C843.jpeg

Next will be to figure out a way to tram out the 1.5thou over 16” Y-axis error… if I had the universal table, it would be easy. But I don’t - only have the fixed one.

X-axis deviation is negligible over the full travel.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Took some time off from the outdoor summer project (re-shingling the house) and finally made the missing hand wheel for the mill.

Looks REALLY NICE Rudy. My lathe needs something like that to help turn the spindle when dialing things in or even aligning the gear teeth when changing speeds. Nice job! I like it!