So jealous. Nicely done.
So jealous. Nicely done.
Thanks! I had a blast tonight. Pretty much 90 minutes of shiny, molten aluminum goodness.So jealous. Nicely done.
A long time ago I took the NAIT gas welding course at night school. I think with a bit of practice I could still gas weld 1/4" plate steel.Thanks! I had a blast tonight. Pretty much 90 minutes of shiny, molten aluminum goodness.
Now gas welding is something I've never tried.A long time ago I took the NAIT gas welding course at night school. I think with a bit of practice I could still gas weld 1/4" plate steel.
Not that I'd want to...
If you have gas welded, you are well along on learning to tig...... I will say though, when you get it right using the torches, the welds are drop dead gorgeous, much better than I can get with other processes. It seems I can turn any welder into a crude cutting device.....A long time ago I took the NAIT gas welding course at night school. I think with a bit of practice I could still gas weld 1/4" plate steel.
Not that I'd want to...


Oh its kinda fun too. I haven't gas welded for a gabizzilion years (other than brazing) . I haven't ever tig welded tho and would really like to. I'd have to buy a tig machine for that tho.Now gas welding is something I've never tried.
Oh its kinda fun too. I haven't gas welded for a gabizzilion years (other than brazing).
Seems like you had your priorities right, especially as a teenager “girls” trump welds every time.It's been at least that long for me too. Perhaps 60x that long. I was never good at that either, but I was too young back then to know my welds were actually pretty ugly. The only thing I was fussy about back then was girls.
All I can say is racing stripes are a requirement...Picked up this lateral file cabinet. Going to add some 5" locking casters and use it as a base for the 2x48 grinder and the D-bit grinder.
Might need to paint it first though!
View attachment 80134
The laterals are awesome. Heavy duty slides and almost free.Picked up this lateral file cabinet. Going to add some 5" locking casters and use it as a base for the 2x48 grinder and the D-bit grinder.
Might need to paint it first though!
View attachment 80134
Looks like it's painted to me. 🙄Picked up this lateral file cabinet. Going to add some 5" locking casters and use it as a base for the 2x48 grinder and the D-bit grinder.
Might need to paint it first though!
View attachment 80134
Looks like it's painted to me. 🙄
Thing probably weighs over 120 lbs. It was a serious lift for two to get it in my truck.The laterals are awesome. Heavy duty slides and almost free.
Took me and the Re-Store guy to put my 36 inch lateral in the Subaru but mine is 60 inches tall.Thing probably weighs over 120 lbs. It was a serious lift for two to get it in my truck
That's why he's starting to stack things...... 😛Haven't you run out of horizontal space yet?
