• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Crankshaft Deflection Gauge - Anyone Need One?

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member
Found this at the thrift store yesterday. Cost me $10. I thought it was a bore gauge, turns out it's a crankshaft deflection gauge 4" to 20" and the dial indicator takes about 6 pounds of force to deflect the needle. Any use to anyone? Weighs about 2 pounds, so a Canada Post flat rate box will be about $25 to anywhere in Canada.

Got a nice crispy calibration certificate from 1993, unfortunately I can't read it...

IMG_3673.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3679.jpeg
    IMG_3679.jpeg
    489.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3680.jpeg
    IMG_3680.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3681.jpeg
    IMG_3681.jpeg
    611.4 KB · Views: 3

cjmac

Found this at the thrift store yesterday. Cost me $10. I thought it was a bore gauge, turns out it's a crankshaft deflection gauge 4" to 20" and the dial indicator takes about 6 pounds of force to deflect the needle. Any use to anyone? Weighs about 2 pounds, so a Canada Post flat rate box will be about $25 to anywhere in Canada.

Got a nice crispy calibration certificate from 1993, unfortunately I can't read it...

View attachment 43045
I would be interested. I'm in Victoria.

Chris

cjmac

View attachment 43045

cjmac

This arrived and I opened it today. It was really nicely wrapped inside and out. I'm very happy.
Thank you

Chris