Craftsman/Atlas 109 Lathe for Sale, Red Deer AB.

turner

Neighbor wanted me to post his Craftsman/Atlas 109 for sale. $ 450.00 no motor.
I think he has owned it less than 2 yrs and has not had time to use it much.
He has just acquired a used Smithy.
This little Atlas comes with a few great options, new 4 Jaw chuck, Quick change tool post.
That's all I know, please contact Sheldon at 403-550-4449
2020 Atlas #190.jpg 2 Atlas Lathe.jpg 109 Atlas.jpg 4 Altlas Lathe.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That is appropriately priced in my opinion. That version isn't as nice as the Atlas 618, but for $450 and a cheap motor you can start with a metal lathe.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Is there a matching 3 step motor pulley for it? Are there any change gears? Centers?
I must have sold mine to cheap (2 years ago), it had a motor (no pulley), QCTP (cheap one), change gears, dead center, drill head, new 3 jaw chuck and good 4 jaw chucks for $325.
These are a MT0 for the tailstock, may or may not have a taper in the spindle.
I think he's high for what's there or I'm sorely out of touch.
That's a link with good info about this little machine. It is a good starter but it didn't take long to out grow.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Seems reasonably priced - new motor is few $ heck I probably have like 5 in my shed. Also needs a belt and maybe pulleys - so factor in a $50 extra.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well it's been confirmed,,,,,,, I'm out of touch.:rolleyes: lol

Well, you pay about half of the price of a new mini lathe. Mini lathe in say 7 x 14 range, new is a better machine (by a lot vs. vanilla 1940s 109) but rather... uninteresting - everyone has it. This one is half price for similar performance but you got a machine with some character. Plus you may try to haggle for $50.

Here is more read: http://www.lathes.co.uk/craftsman/page5.html

It also depends which sub model of 109 it is & overall condition.