• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftsman/Atlas 109 Lathe for Sale, Red Deer AB.

turner

Neighbor wanted me to post his Craftsman/Atlas 109 for sale. $ 450.00 no motor.
I think he has owned it less than 2 yrs and has not had time to use it much.
He has just acquired a used Smithy.
This little Atlas comes with a few great options, new 4 Jaw chuck, Quick change tool post.
That's all I know, please contact Sheldon at 403-550-4449
2020 Atlas #190.jpg 2 Atlas Lathe.jpg 109 Atlas.jpg 4 Altlas Lathe.jpg

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
That is appropriately priced in my opinion. That version isn't as nice as the Atlas 618, but for $450 and a cheap motor you can start with a metal lathe.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
Is there a matching 3 step motor pulley for it? Are there any change gears? Centers?
I must have sold mine to cheap (2 years ago), it had a motor (no pulley), QCTP (cheap one), change gears, dead center, drill head, new 3 jaw chuck and good 4 jaw chucks for $325.
These are a MT0 for the tailstock, may or may not have a taper in the spindle.
I think he's high for what's there or I'm sorely out of touch.
That's a link with good info about this little machine. It is a good starter but it didn't take long to out grow.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Seems reasonably priced - new motor is few $ heck I probably have like 5 in my shed. Also needs a belt and maybe pulleys - so factor in a $50 extra.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Well it's been confirmed,,,,,,, I'm out of touch.:rolleyes: lol

Well, you pay about half of the price of a new mini lathe. Mini lathe in say 7 x 14 range, new is a better machine (by a lot vs. vanilla 1940s 109) but rather... uninteresting - everyone has it. This one is half price for similar performance but you got a machine with some character. Plus you may try to haggle for $50.

Here is more read: http://www.lathes.co.uk/craftsman/page5.html

It also depends which sub model of 109 it is & overall condition.