• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex CT089 13" x 24" Lathe and Tooling

SteveR

Hello, longtime lurker, 1st time poster. If I've done something wrong or broken some rule with this post sing out and I'll fix it .... :)

I have a Craftex CT089 13" x 24" 1Hp 110V lathe in excellent condition for sale.
It's spent its life being babied and was 99% of the time used for machining UHMW plastic rods (facing and chamfering). I think I only ever put one piece of metal on it if memory serves.

IMG_3808.JPGIMG_3809.JPGIMG_3810.JPGIMG_3811.JPGIMG_3812.JPG

It comes with all of the original accessories (4 jaw - never used, turning plate and dog - same, dead centres - same), an ER42 collet chuck that I never got around to mounting, and an assortment of additional live centres, drill chuck, adjustable stop, inner spindle depth stop, quick change tool post, a couple of extra turret posts, and more tips, holders and cutters than anyone should need.

Asking $3500 for all of it, located in Whitby, Ontario

Thanks for looking,
Steve

Last edited:
It comes with all of the original accessories (4 jaw - never used, turning plate and dog - same, dead centres - same), a collet chuck that I never got around to mounting,...
It may help others if you specify what collets the collet chuck is for.

It may be helpful for you to confirm/correct the size... it is 13x24 rather than 13x40. The smaller size fits into far more shops.

Thanks for that, was trying to find the way to correct it.

What needs correcting Steve?

Just let me know and I'll fix it for you. I agree with @TorontoBuilder - a 13x40 might be nice but a 13x24 would be easier to get into a smaller shop and might actually command a better price because of that - esp in Whitby near Toronto.

Last edited:
Back