• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Coffee shop meetup - April 7th, 2018

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
You are invited to attend:

Canadian Hobby Metal Workers MeetupHey Everyone,

You know the drill!

Time for another meetup!

Coffee Shop Meetup:
We'll be meeting at the Tim Hortons at: 444 58 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2H 0P4
Map Link: https://goo.gl/ad49iY

Meeting time will be 10:30am, Saturday, April 7th,

As always, bonus points if you bring something you've been working on, or something cool to show the group!

Your RSVP is important as we're setting up a conference space with seating, etc.

RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/canadi...ellow-hobby-metal-workers-tickets-44685678066

I recognize some forum members are not in Calgary though! For everyone else, I invite you to reach out to @Jwest7788 and see how we can help organize a meetup in your respective cities if you're interested!

JW

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Dangit! family issue came up I cannot wiggle out of. Lets consider another one a couple months from now?

On a semi-related front, I think some of you have heard of AMEN group in Edmonton. They meet on a Thursday evening of the month & judging by the newsletter some very interesting projects & individuals. I'd love to go to meet some of the guys & see what they are working on but kind of a bugger round trip for that alone. I haven't thought this through but maybe just to kick the idea out - what do you think of a 'part way' meet-up? Maybe we pick a Saturday in Red Deer or maybe we hook it to the Wetaskwin Reynolds museum metalworking weekend in fall? Not a high frequency thing, maybe once to see how it goes? Would there be a Calgary appetite? If so I could bounce if off them to gage interest on their side. If I'm the only model engineering geek, that's fine too. (hey, its familiar territory LOL). Just wondering out loud.

Jimbojones

Interested in attending tomorrow...always good to see/hear what others are up to.

Would also be interested in a pan-province meet in Ded Reer; I've always assumed the Edmonton folks have an easier time finding quality, used machinery and tooling but interested in their perspective and also see what projects they have/are working on.