• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Tool Chucking Reamers

Tool

JustaDB

Ultra Member
I was the guy that would grab the leads to see if it was getting any spark to the plugs...
As a young lad I watched my grandfather grab spark plugs on his old magneto driven farm equipment to see if they were firing. He'd convulse for a cycle or three, then move onto the next one. Amazing thing to watch. From a safe distance...

Tom O

Ultra Member
As a young lad I watched my grandfather grab spark plugs on his old magneto driven farm equipment to see if they were firing. He'd convulse for a cycle or three, then move onto the next one. Amazing thing to watch. From a safe distance...
It wasn’t that bad really, I stopped doing that when they brought out Electronic
ignition after all they said they improved the spark not to mention Acel‘s SuperCoil.
Now it only happens pulling the plug to stop the lawnmower.
Mind you going back to a earlier time in Automotive Shop it was fun to grab the plug wire and shock the guy grounded next to you as your finger jumps a spark to his neck.

Once at the Science Fair they had a machine with a + and - handgrip to show you how you can’t let go of the + or - due to muscle contraction while your Buddy cranks the dial I only did that once also lol.

Brian26

Premium Member
Despite the various (interesting) forks in the road on this topic, this is an excellent discussion of an important issue. I especially liked the Blondihacks video - somehow I missed that one. While I cannot say I read every word in every reply, I think it might be worthwhile to mention that, according to what I have read and experienced, drills never bore a completely round hole. Reamers are certainly an excellent solution to the size question when making holes to fit shafts, but it is perhaps equally important to pay attention to the "roundness" issue as well. Even a reamer will never make a perfectly round hole, but they come much closer than a drill bit ever will. I have always thought this is because the reamer has at least triple the number of cutting edges - but there could be other reasons as well.