• Guest, Group Cold Roll 1018 purchase is being discussed... Participate here
  • Guest, Help us understand what we can do better in future. Click Here!

Cheap welding supplies

I find KMS expensive for welding supplies except welding gas. For TIG welding supplies it was cheaper to buy from the US, with shipping - it was over 50% discount vs. KMS price.

As for negotiating price at KMS / Busy Bee - they have too much red tape around it. Just walk and get it for less online. Amazon.ca does sell welders, usually at reasonable cost.
I agree if you can wait it's way cheaper online

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Premium Member
I just called Oxypro, the one on 42 by blackfoot, for a 110cu ft refill of Argon. "The regular price is $169 but today I can do $129". OMG. He really wanted to know my phone number to look me up in his computer - and then said $129. I guess they don't like me. So I went to KMS and spent $66. I still think $66 is high - a welder down the street told me he thinks $35 should be the price for a fill. What has anyone else paid recently?

Above guys mention online for welding supplies. I bought some stuff from ali express - welding tips, plasma tips - anybody have a good online source to suggest.

I find KMS expensive for welding supplies except welding gas. For TIG welding supplies it was cheaper to buy from the US, with shipping - it was over 50% discount vs. KMS price

Where specifically in the US do you source your stuff? I need some filler rod, specifically 1100 aluminum rod that isn't available at kms

Tom Kitta

I simply went to eBay and got like 20lbs or 40lbs something like that.

I also got way too much at auction here in Calgary - I have lifetime supply of stick - both for regular steel / alloy steel / stainless.