• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Can anyone on this forum translate a Chinese instruction manual for me?

Johnwa

Ultra Member
the first 2 columns are
F0.21 Input terminal X1 function , then the same thing for X2,X3, etc

This is the middle column
1: Wire control stop/run | 2: Key control stop/run 3: Key control 4: Key control 5: Wire control operation 6: Wire control operation 7: Reserved 18: Error signal 9: Wire control forward and reverse switch 10: Forward/reverse switch 11: Run 12: Keyed run | 13: 14: 15: Multi 16: External signal 17 18 | 19 20 21 22 23 24: Select run 25: Run 26: Multi-stage speed stop only for 24 and 25 Function effective)

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Maybe use instructions from some other unit? This should not be such a mystery, you connect 240V on one side 1ph and get 3ph on the other. The trick is mainly in... how do you change speeds, wire extra on off switch etc.

On the plus side it is only 68 CAD now.
Why is this thing so cheap? I feel like ordering one just to keep as a spare. The last one I ordered on aliexpress was over $170

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Why is this thing so cheap? I feel like ordering one just to keep as a spare. The last one I ordered on aliexpress was over $170

Probably because the instruction manual is in Chinese LOL.

Oh ya... and no dedicated reverse key.

I've been putzn with this thing for a few days now trying to figure out what the multi-function key (MF-K) is doing and how to change it's behavior. Currently if you depress and hold MF-K down it spins the motor up to the HZ value in location F0.16. When you release the key it stops running the motor. What that is suppose accomplish is beyond me.

VFD2.JPG

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So after much head scratching I finally realized I had to run my manual PDF scans through OCR software in order to get PDF files that google translate could deal with.

I found and used this https://convertio.co/ocr/chinese/ which produced the needed files.

Unfortunately none of the parameters in this VFD allow you to change the MF-K key functionality which currently behaves as a jog to frequency X function. Probably explains the amazon price, no reverse run functionality.

Last edited:

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I bought one of these for testing purposes. Very nice unit feels well built

Attachments

• 20201118_205242.jpg
    20201118_205242.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 8

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
If you figure out how to make it run in reverse from the key pad let me know please.... Or even how to wire the low voltage options would help.

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I was playing with all the settings and figured out F0.06 changes the direction 0=forward and 1=reverse

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
F0.06 direction 0=forward 1=reverse
F0.07 output frequency default is 50HZ
F0.08 upper frequency tied to F0.07
F0.09 low limit frequency
F0.10 acceleration time in sec
F0.11 deceleration time in sec
F0.15 stop mode 0=decelerate 1= free stop
F0.16 Jog frequency the HZ value key MF-K jogs to

Here is a translation of the manual.

Attachments

• Parameters Table1.pdf
    101.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Parameters Table2.pdf
    167.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Parameters Table3.pdf
    151.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Parameters Table4.pdf
    123 KB · Views: 2
  • Parameters Table5.pdf
    145.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
These are what F0.21 - F0.25 translate to.

FO.21 | input terminal X1 function 1
FO.22 | Input terminal X2 function 2
FO.23 | Input terminal X3 function 7
FO.24 | Input terminal X4 function 0
FO.25 | Input terminal X5 function 0

|0: The console is idle
1: Wire control stop/run
2: keyed stop/run
3: Key operation
4: Keyed stop
5: Wire control forward running
6: Wire control reverse operation
7: reserved
8: error reset signal
9: Wire control forward and reverse switching
10: Keying forward and reverse switching
11: Keyed forward running
12: Keyed reverse operation
13: Multi-speed 1
14: Multi-speed 2
15: Multi-speed 3
16: External error signal
17: Jog forward
18: Jog reversal
19: Emergency stop
20: Relay control
21: Clear terminal frequency
22: Terminal frequency increases
23: Terminal frequency decreasing
24: Select stage speed 1 and run
25: Select stage speed 2 and run
26: Multi-speed shutdown (only for 24 and 25 functions are valid)

@Alexander See my previous post for PDF translations of the manual.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@Alexander here is a copy of the ATLAS VFD-S manual in English that an AliExpress seller sent to me.

Also, a zipped XLSX file.

Attachments

• ATLAS.VFD-S.pdf
    311.5 KB · Views: 14
  • ATLAS.VFD-S.xlsx.zip
    166.4 KB · Views: 9