• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Burnerd style lathe chuck D1-4 mount - Goderich ON

jgimp69

Looking to clear a few things out. Burnerd style collet chuck with a D1-4 camlock mount. Collets to 1-1/2”. Some normal wear but in good condition. I did a runout check in my lathe on the taper and the indicator didn’t even move. I have a vid but it wouldn’t let me load it.
Looking for $550 but very willing to trade for something I would use more often. Looking for sine plate/bar, boring head, vee blocks, angle plates, larger dial/digital calipers (12-24”) depth mic, 3-6” outside mic’s, 5C indexer, machinist made setup blocks/larger parallels etc or make an offer.
I really don’t want to sell it but would rather repurpose it’s use to enable me to get something I would use more often.

Attachments

• D7E19188-2B2C-4BD7-8072-CB9855469E14.jpeg
    D7E19188-2B2C-4BD7-8072-CB9855469E14.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 43
  • 03FB0FED-374F-4226-B274-17BE03E68994.jpeg
    03FB0FED-374F-4226-B274-17BE03E68994.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 43

trevj

Ultra Member
I note you call it Burnerd Style. Not Burnerd? Or not clearly marked? IIRC, Burnerd's model number for this size is the KC-15. I would have to dig out mine to see how it is marked. I see online they are referred to as a Burnerd/Atlas collet chuck, so maybe actual Burnerd made for a third party? Can't really see anyone going to the trouble of knocking of as expensive to make a system as these, really...

Pretty sure these are still available new, and am also pretty sure that nobody is buying them new unless they are spending someone else's money ! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:

jgimp69

I note you call it Burnerd Style. Not Burnerd? Or not clearly marked? IIRC, Burnerd's model number for this size is the KC-15. I would have to dig out mine to see how it is marked. I see online they are referred to as a Burnerd/Atlas collet chuck, so maybe actual Burnerd made for a third party? Can't really see anyone going to the trouble of knocking of as expensive to make a system as these, really...

Pretty sure these are still available new, and am also pretty sure that nobody is buying them new unless they are spending someone else's money ! LOL!
My eyes suck. I just got a lighted magnifier for reading nomenclature on small taps/dies and what not. I’ll take a closer look.

Last edited by a moderator:

trevj

Ultra Member
Those look like rubber collets, Jacobs made chucks in that style.
No rubber in those. Steel (or iron, never checked) collet bodies, with a set of spring loaded steel leaves in each collet size.

Darn nice collet set to use!

The rubber sections in a Jacobs RubberFlex system collet are VERY obvious to see! I don't think I have ever seen a RubberFlex collet chuck that was not hand operated via a very large diameter handwheel, either.

I have a set that is marked Bunerd. I will say again, that I do not think it very likely, that anyone was banging out inferior copies, of as expensive to make a design as these are!