Burnerd style lathe chuck D1-4 mount - Goderich ON

jgimp69

Looking to clear a few things out. Burnerd style collet chuck with a D1-4 camlock mount. Collets to 1-1/2”. Some normal wear but in good condition. I did a runout check in my lathe on the taper and the indicator didn’t even move. I have a vid but it wouldn’t let me load it.
Looking for $550 but very willing to trade for something I would use more often. Looking for sine plate/bar, boring head, vee blocks, angle plates, larger dial/digital calipers (12-24”) depth mic, 3-6” outside mic’s, 5C indexer, machinist made setup blocks/larger parallels etc or make an offer.
I really don’t want to sell it but would rather repurpose it’s use to enable me to get something I would use more often.

Attachments

• D7E19188-2B2C-4BD7-8072-CB9855469E14.jpeg
    D7E19188-2B2C-4BD7-8072-CB9855469E14.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 43
  • 03FB0FED-374F-4226-B274-17BE03E68994.jpeg
    03FB0FED-374F-4226-B274-17BE03E68994.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 43

trevj

Ultra Member
I note you call it Burnerd Style. Not Burnerd? Or not clearly marked? IIRC, Burnerd's model number for this size is the KC-15. I would have to dig out mine to see how it is marked. I see online they are referred to as a Burnerd/Atlas collet chuck, so maybe actual Burnerd made for a third party? Can't really see anyone going to the trouble of knocking of as expensive to make a system as these, really...

Pretty sure these are still available new, and am also pretty sure that nobody is buying them new unless they are spending someone else's money ! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:

jgimp69

I note you call it Burnerd Style. Not Burnerd? Or not clearly marked? IIRC, Burnerd's model number for this size is the KC-15. I would have to dig out mine to see how it is marked. I see online they are referred to as a Burnerd/Atlas collet chuck, so maybe actual Burnerd made for a third party? Can't really see anyone going to the trouble of knocking of as expensive to make a system as these, really...

Pretty sure these are still available new, and am also pretty sure that nobody is buying them new unless they are spending someone else's money ! LOL!
My eyes suck. I just got a lighted magnifier for reading nomenclature on small taps/dies and what not. I’ll take a closer look.

Last edited by a moderator:

trevj

Ultra Member
Those look like rubber collets, Jacobs made chucks in that style.
No rubber in those. Steel (or iron, never checked) collet bodies, with a set of spring loaded steel leaves in each collet size.

Darn nice collet set to use!

The rubber sections in a Jacobs RubberFlex system collet are VERY obvious to see! I don't think I have ever seen a RubberFlex collet chuck that was not hand operated via a very large diameter handwheel, either.

I have a set that is marked Bunerd. I will say again, that I do not think it very likely, that anyone was banging out inferior copies, of as expensive to make a design as these are!