• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Bridgeport $1200.00

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I smoked a molar on the ship (dang cooks) and lost a whack of time at the dentist (still one more lost days (5 total)) before I go back to work.

In my mind's eye I see you testing the hardness of a carbide endmill with your teeth again......

Poor cooks get blamed for everything!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Based on that meal you fed me, you have a thing or 2 that you can teach the onboard cooks!
I wish you and your bride could have enjoyed a meal cooked by my bride instead of at a restaurant. Sailors are all good cooks, but Italian women set a very high bar! She was looking forward to it but the universe had other plans! C'est La Vie!

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I wish you and your bride could have enjoyed a meal cooked by my bride

The restaurant meal we shared was all the time and headspace we could afford. It was a great pleasure in meeting you both. If you are visiting the West, I make a mean prime rib steak!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The restaurant meal we shared was all the time and headspace we could afford. It was a great pleasure in meeting you both. If you are visiting the West, I make a mean prime rib steak!

You are most likely on! I expect it's only a matter of time before I convince her to go west with me.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
If you are brave enough to cross the Rockies you probably won't need to worry about the fuel bill on the return trip. Pretty sure that there's a one-way gate there somewhere, 'cause nobody seems to go back....:cool:
Honestly.....

Alberta is where it’s at for me

Maybe I haven’t seen enough of BC? I’d love to spend a few months working northern BC to get the lay of the land

But as far as people go, Alberta or east coast newf’s are top, with northern Ontario people and Saskatchewan peeps a close second

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Honestly.....

Alberta is where it’s at for me

Maybe I haven’t seen enough of BC? I’d love to spend a few months working northern BC to get the lay of the land

But as far as people go, Alberta or east coast newf’s are top, with northern Ontario people and Saskatchewan peeps a close second

I'll put a different slant on that.

While there are some great people in Toronto and Ottawa, it's not the rule. Things get better and better the further you get from those places.

I'd love to transplant my bride, but her roots are deep and strong here cuz this is where her kids and grandkids are.