Bridgeport $1200.00

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Hamilton, Stoney Creek, ON

s-l640.jpg

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
Someone buy it now! that is cheap, cheap, cheap - and it looks to be in good shape

Caveat: you still have to check out the lead screws and ways for wear. also check the power down feed, they are easy to break.

Cries in Albertan.

I'd glady pay a forumite to go see it and buy it with my money and arrange shipping to YYC. ;)
Someone buy it now! that is cheap, cheap, cheap - and it looks to be in good shape

Caveat: you still have to check out the lead screws and ways for wear. also check the power down feed, they are easy to break.
At 1200 you've got room to replace some parts, no? Feed screws/nuts, etc. Badly worn Ways are another story of course.

How’s the 7th? Im picking up a u haul trailer that day for my trip to get the hendey near Ottawa on the 8th.
The 7th would be perfect but sounds like you have a full plate already with your lathe pickup. How would all this be co-ordinated?

Rauce

Ultra Member
The 7th would be perfect but sounds like you have a full plate already with your lathe pickup. How would all this be co-ordinated?

I’m setting off for kemptville early in the morning on the 8th so I booked a trailer for 2 full days. I can pick up the trailer any time on the 7th… so what I’m getting it is if you need a way to move the mill, me, my truck and a trailer are available Thursday afternoon.

I believe I sent you my phone number before you came by a few weeks ago, give me a call and we can figure it out.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
So I actually bought this mill but haven't got it home yet. Now I'm stuck with the prospect of getting it home! Any local guys out there willing to give me a hand getting it home sometime late next week?

What's the low down on condition etc?

What's the low down on condition etc?
I hate to say so but I'm not really qualified to make that assessment! I bought it pretty much blind. Never owned or used a mill before. It wasn't connected to power so no chance to really run anything. I'm quite prepared to discover it's just a boat anchor! I figure no matter what it's going to be a valuable learning experience and I do love trying to restore old machines. I'm sure there is a lot of wear all over including things like the lead screws. Apparently it came from Dofasco ie heavily used? Would be great if someone more intelligent like @Brent H could drop by sometime after I get it home and give me their assessment!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I hate to say so but I'm not really qualified to make that assessment! I bought it pretty much blind. Never owned or used a mill before. It wasn't connected to power so no chance to really run anything. I'm quite prepared to discover it's just a boat anchor! I figure no matter what it's going to be a valuable learning experience and I do love trying to restore old machines. I'm sure there is a lot of wear all over including things like the lead screws. Apparently it came from Dofasco ie heavily used? Would be great if someone more intelligent like @Brent H could drop by sometime after I get it home and give me their assessment!

Even if it's in really rough shape, most things can be fixed. If you got it for less than the asking price, it was a steal even if you end up parting it out.

I'll be waiting with bated breath for the full assessment.

Tecnico

(Dave)
Congrats on the new mill, I'm sure it's going to bring you a lot of pleasure and a few learning experiences!

I need to camp out in Ontario for a few weeks and scoop up one of these deals that seem to keep popping up. Essentially the same mill came up on the market here a little while ago for $4500. Gone in a few days... o_O

D:cool:

I feel your pain, when trying to assess the overall condition. Usually when I am getting what I think is a smoking deal, I naturally assume that the condition will be questionable, and I am good with that. My thoughts are that I am likely going to do some nasty things to the poor machine as I learn to use it. It would bother me if it was pristine before I defiled it.... Soon enough I am confident that I will be better qualified to make an educated purchase next time.....:cool:

Brent H

Ultra Member
@Canadium - thank you for the faith- I will indeed come down and check out your purchase- no problem. Would love to see you and your wife - I also have some other stuff to do in your area. I just need to coordinate time.
I smoked a molar on the ship (dang cooks) and lost a whack of time at the dentist (still one more lost days (5 total)) before I go back to work.

Your purchase price is great and even some new parts will get you a great mill - flip side is the tooling —— oh boy!