• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Borrow a engine hoist in Ontario?

trlvn

Ultra Member
Hi:

I'm nearly ready with my shop renovation to move my mill-drill into the basement. Could somebody in the west GTA loan me an engine hoist (aka shop crane) to help with disassembly and reassembly of the machine? I hope I'd only need it for a few days but everything always takes longer than I think! The machine is a total of about 700 pounds so none of the pieces should be a strain for even a small hoist.

I presume a folding hoist will fit in my compact SUV, right? I'm in Oakville and obviously I'm willing to pick up and return.

Maybe I should just buy one but I don't have room to store it. In the basement, I figure I need to assemble the mill _before_ I move in a work table and tool chest so I have some room to maneuver.

Thanks,

Craig

@trlvn I have a 2 ton engine crane. Can't vouch for it fitting in your SUV but I think I managed to get it home disassembled in my Honda Civic. It's sitting here unused at the moment.