• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Borrow a engine hoist in Ontario?

trlvn

Ultra Member
Hi:

I'm nearly ready with my shop renovation to move my mill-drill into the basement. Could somebody in the west GTA loan me an engine hoist (aka shop crane) to help with disassembly and reassembly of the machine? I hope I'd only need it for a few days but everything always takes longer than I think! The machine is a total of about 700 pounds so none of the pieces should be a strain for even a small hoist.

I presume a folding hoist will fit in my compact SUV, right? I'm in Oakville and obviously I'm willing to pick up and return.

Maybe I should just buy one but I don't have room to store it. In the basement, I figure I need to assemble the mill _before_ I move in a work table and tool chest so I have some room to maneuver.

Thanks,

Craig

@trlvn I have a 2 ton engine crane. Can't vouch for it fitting in your SUV but I think I managed to get it home disassembled in my Honda Civic. It's sitting here unused at the moment.

Back