• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Bluing Steel Plate

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I learn't my lesson on stealing kitchen stuff long ago...stole 2 tupperware bowls to use as a base & tub for my first brass tumbler (those 2 bowls and a $5 PA surplus motor with a weight hose-clamped on served me well for a # of yrs)....now, if the Dollar Store doesn't have it I don't need it.

I took my first trip to the dollar store a few months after I retired. It was a whole nuther world that I didn't know existed. I just asked the bride if they carry roaring pans. She says they do @Brent H . That would be much safer...... She also said she has two and I can have the old one! Lucky me!

Same thing for farm supply places. Sometimes I think the majority of their customers are machinists looking for odds N sodds.

Last edited:

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Since SWMBO passed on, i have full run of the kitchen, indeed the whole house. I find useful things for the shop laying about every where.;)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Since SWMBO passed on, i have full run of the kitchen, indeed the whole house. I find useful things for the shop laying about every where.;)

The trouble with that would be all the mould growing on things I didn't know existed and don't know how to use........

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You learn fast when hunger strikes. o_O Actually i started cooking some time ago when the wife was still working, In winter i only had to feed the girls outside then had lots of time to learn to cook. Wife was very happy to come home for a hot supper that she didn't have to cook.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
You learn fast when hunger strikes. o_O Actually i started cooking some time ago when the wife was still working, In winter i only had to feed the girls outside then had lots of time to learn to cook. Wife was very happy to come home for a hot supper that she didn't have to cook.

I still can't cook, and probably too late to learn. The bride says I'm the only human on the planet that can burn water.....

My cooking skills are limited to slicing off a piece of cheese, eating cheerios off the floor, and opening beer bottles........

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Put it outside until it has a layer of rust, then lightly sand the rust, coat with used motor oil. It worked for the table on my bandsaw

Even at 50 years, I do not have the kind of spherical body parts required to try that experiment. I'd rather drive hours to an upscale cooking place and then spend hundreds of loonies than take that risk.
Easy solution: Next time ur at Canadian Tire, buy a replacement good quality cookie sheet for your wifes cupboard. ;)