Bathroom demo/reno materials salvage?

mikoyan31

Stewie
Good day all.

For background, a couple weeks ago a rain storm in the kitchen kicked off a bathroom renovation much sooner than anticipated.

Now here's the problem. My Scotish ancestry (I'm not cheap, I'm frugal!) combined with growing up and living in a poor rural area of New Brunswick means I'm having a hard time tossing the plastic 4 piece shower/tub surround. My brain is going "there must be SOME use for that plastic panel and I'll rue the day that I ever threw it away!" That said, I have more usless crap salvaged materials in the garage and shed than I'll probably ever need.

So, anyone have any suggestions as to why I should keep some or all of it? ;) I'm already saving the brass and copper fittings and pipe I'm taking out. Some will be reused, some will be added to the scrap pile to be melted down if when I get a melting furnace set up.

Craig

historicalarms

Ultra Member
For sure save the tub....if you ever get the urge to re-load shotshells, thats the place to set up your loading machine....spills of lead shot are inevitable and roll everywhere on a hard floor.....if your in an old tub everything is neatly contained.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
I seem to be really good at finding a use for every piece of scrap anything; metal, wood, plastic, whatever. Went looking for an old broom handle the other day and came up short.

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I saved the tub from our reno for a chicken bath lol

A complete surround would make an interesting milling machine enclosure lol. Complete with the spongebob shower curtain and all :D

I save all kinds of stuff.....some people call us hoarders.....

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Murphy's Law: Whatever you throw away you will have found a use for next week, whatever you save will be there cluttering up your shop until eternity.

Ask me how I know...
Yes that is so true.

I'm getting a little bit less inclined to save every single thing I see now "in case" I might someday need it. I find myself cluttered and held back by clutter and stuff, yet as soon as I get rid off something I will need it shortly after.