• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

B&S Grinder

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Hopefully one of you guys is on your way to get this.... and no more complaining that there are not awesome deals out West :D

crappy ad, but if there is a good assortment of tooling and its not worn to __________, this is a great deal.

de6d4b62-c18b-438d-9ebf-dcde332dd797

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
That's barely west! I think it's a shorter drive for some of the Ontario folks!
[Ok, ok, it's SK not MB]

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I would if I could. Not under power so a hard 'no'... 440V means a transformer. Despite the apparent transformer availability for some members, I haven't seen an affordable one in over 40 years. so again a 'no'...

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I would if I could. Not under power so a hard 'no'... 440V means a transformer. Despite the apparent transformer availability for some members, I haven't seen an affordable one in over 40 years. so again a 'no'...

Really? What is your budget and how big would be OK? I assume you want 240v to 480v? I can pick you one up when I see it. I am running into these and main issue is they may be little big. My current one is 600v ==> 480v and sized to be like a big toaster oven. But my 240v --> 600v is dog house sized - this would be what I can get you for 240v --> 480v. Fed backwards so no full power - but its not like you need 10kva+ anyways.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I assume this is a cylindrical grinder - they only machine I am missing. Too bad it is rather... far away. I have all three common voltages, 240, 480 and 600 in my shop so I am not worried & having something like 380v / 400v (newer) Euro is quite rare (I would probably just run it on 240v for 380v and on 480 / 460v for 400v).

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
There is a good chance if 440, it is also 220 if connect as Y instead of delta. Seller should have included more, but still, that is imo a minor speed bump.

Its a tool & cutter grinder but is substantial enough it can do double duty as a cylindrical grinder. I do that with my smaller T&CG but its a compromise as its so light....whereas that 13 is a beast and can handle 24" between centres and it has the motorized workhead (king of T&CG accessories) power feed etc

Last edited:

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
would a person be able to power this thing with a VFD? 220 single to 440 3 ph? This thing would be about the same price as one of those "D bit ginders from China

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I agree with @Mcgyver - it is a Universal Tool and Cutter Grinder... But with 2 footstocks it becomes a very capable cylindrical grinder for up to 20" long or so...

You are right... and someone on eBay wans 8000 CAD for it...

Heavy, at 2900 lbs. No. 13