B&S Grinder

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Hopefully one of you guys is on your way to get this.... and no more complaining that there are not awesome deals out West :D

crappy ad, but if there is a good assortment of tooling and its not worn to __________, this is a great deal.

de6d4b62-c18b-438d-9ebf-dcde332dd797

PaulL

Technologist at Large
Premium Member
That's barely west! I think it's a shorter drive for some of the Ontario folks!
[Ok, ok, it's SK not MB]

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I would if I could. Not under power so a hard 'no'... 440V means a transformer. Despite the apparent transformer availability for some members, I haven't seen an affordable one in over 40 years. so again a 'no'...

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I would if I could. Not under power so a hard 'no'... 440V means a transformer. Despite the apparent transformer availability for some members, I haven't seen an affordable one in over 40 years. so again a 'no'...

Really? What is your budget and how big would be OK? I assume you want 240v to 480v? I can pick you one up when I see it. I am running into these and main issue is they may be little big. My current one is 600v ==> 480v and sized to be like a big toaster oven. But my 240v --> 600v is dog house sized - this would be what I can get you for 240v --> 480v. Fed backwards so no full power - but its not like you need 10kva+ anyways.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I assume this is a cylindrical grinder - they only machine I am missing. Too bad it is rather... far away. I have all three common voltages, 240, 480 and 600 in my shop so I am not worried & having something like 380v / 400v (newer) Euro is quite rare (I would probably just run it on 240v for 380v and on 480 / 460v for 400v).

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
There is a good chance if 440, it is also 220 if connect as Y instead of delta. Seller should have included more, but still, that is imo a minor speed bump.

Its a tool & cutter grinder but is substantial enough it can do double duty as a cylindrical grinder. I do that with my smaller T&CG but its a compromise as its so light....whereas that 13 is a beast and can handle 24" between centres and it has the motorized workhead (king of T&CG accessories) power feed etc

Last edited:

garageguy

Super User
Premium Member
would a person be able to power this thing with a VFD? 220 single to 440 3 ph? This thing would be about the same price as one of those "D bit ginders from China

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I agree with @Mcgyver - it is a Universal Tool and Cutter Grinder... But with 2 footstocks it becomes a very capable cylindrical grinder for up to 20" long or so...

You are right... and someone on eBay wans 8000 CAD for it...

Heavy, at 2900 lbs. No. 13