• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

AXA Tool Holders.... What do you think? Worth a try?

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
I've a Dickson on my big lathe, would have been just as happy with an Aloris, but I didn't want a knockoff post and a used Dickson came up first. Have been happy with it. The holders always always seem pricey so I made another 20 on-top of what it came with. Never enough, I'd take another 10 if there was hot deal on them.

On the next size down, a 10ee, I have a Drehbitz which is German and I don't think made any more. Its indexable and very similar to the Multifix ( although indexable and repeatable is of limited value to me). Now those holders were big dollars! I probably have made 30 or more for it.

I used mild steel for all based on the rational that the modulus of elasticity is about the same for all steels, and I'm never going to wear them out or approach plastic deformation forces.

Here's the Dickson holders

DSC_9690-large.JPG

Last edited:

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
That's some nice work there. and a lot of it, too!:)

thanks...i put up some photos of making them awhile ago.....

Last edited:

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
If you had stuck with the shaper, you would almost have one by now.....:p:eek:

(Need a ducks for cover emoji). ;)

That sucks, but at least now you know and you aren't out anything aside from hopes and dreams...;)

Since I placed that order I have probably made 5 already LOL.... Been thinking hard on a 100 % shaper made one. Well maybe 90%... can't drill and tap on a shaper:rolleyes:

Last edited: