• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

AXA Tool Holders.... What do you think? Worth a try?

deleted_user

Super User
Accusize which I thought fair priced is 25 bucks per holder.

Based on the price someone should take one for the team

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Accusize which I thought fair priced is 25 bucks per holder.

Based on the price someone should take one for the team
In the past I would have bitten at that, but now I have many (maybe too many?) tool holders. Now if it was a 5/8" AXA I would order that as I could handle one more of those.

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
In the past I would have bitten at that, but now I have many (maybe too many?) tool holders. Now if it was a 5/8" AXA I would order that as I could handle one more of those.
What size is this one? Delivery is Feb 21- Mar 17 LOL:rolleyes:
  • For use with AXA tool post 250-100 or 250-101
I have a 250-111 tool post? Will they still work?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
What size is this one? Delivery is Feb 21- Mar 17 LOL:rolleyes:
  • For use with AXA tool post 250-100 or 250-101
I have a 250-111 tool post? Will they still work?
I believe they are standard AXA tool holders that will hold a 1/2" tool. I don't know what the 250-111 means.

Six O Two

(Marco)
At >~$12/holder, that's such great deal. You didn't happen to see that for bxa toolholders, did ya?

What's the difference between 250-100, 250-101, 250-111 tool posts?

250-100 is a piston-style post, 250-101 is a wedge-style post.
No idea what 250-111 is

Had to look it up because it was bugging me as well...
250-100 Is the piston style tool post, 250-111 is the wedge style tool post,
250-101 is the #1 holder. 250-102 is the #2 holder with slightly wider slot and v-groove down the middle.

U1PPlvz.jpg

deleted_user

Super User
I'm pretty sure that the second set of numbers on their holders refers to tool width size reference

They have a bxa holder, 45 bucks each.

I think the original deal is a loss leader.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
If they work ok, I'll be ordering another 4, provided the price stays the same +-.
Now to scare you... in one batch of several I ordered from another Chinese supplier I got one bad holder that had to be shimmed up in order to fit the toolpost. But overall just like your order, the price is so cheap it's worth taking the chance of getting a bad one.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I have taken one for the team. Should arrive within few weeks - IF they arrive. Seller very fishy but we see whatever Amazon customer support does indeed work well or ... it does not work.

I expect a scam + refund. Scam would be "sell and run".

I paid $40 for mine. If I actually get something resembling tool holders in few weeks I am also buying more.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Also these should be exactly the same as Accusize ones if they resemble AXA. They are made in the same factory after all. Or I get a brick. We see. Accusize was not worth it for me as they are loose on Armstrong tool holder, not good enough to spend 25 per one or so. But at just $10 each I can survive some fitness issues.