• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Art Gallery Build

Kris Jensen

Hey Guys, I'm going to post my progress here as the gallery comes together. Here's some of the details so far.

Name:

KJ customs Beer and Art Gallery

Located 5 mins south on calgary city limits in the little country town of Dewinton, attached to a general store with access to a variety of liquor. Sit down have a beer and check out some metal art from talented local artists from southern Alberta.

I will have a website to purchase items from the gallery and will have a side inventory that will be travelling around to different tradeshows and farmers markets.

I have 6 comitted artists to supply inventory with various metal working skills.

As inventory gets low I will always be on the look out for other unique pieces to add to the gallery.

Here's the location image.jpeg the general store, liquor is on the other side image.jpeg the future entrance to the gallery image.jpeg 3 booths to sit back and have a few image.jpeg the other side of the gallery image.jpeg

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Awesome Kris. There is this young kid on Kijiji sometimes who makes creatures out of utensils - get him in there.

EricB

Oh, I thought you were just decorating a gallery, not opening one! Very cool idea being able to have a pop and see cool fab work. Keep us updated, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Kris Jensen

Oh, I thought you were just decorating a gallery, not opening one! Very cool idea being able to have a pop and see cool fab work. Keep us updated, can't wait to see what you do with it!

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk
thanks, it's going to start as a private residence so I don't have to have a license to serve alcohol, it will technically be BYOB with the liquor store being where you buy it from. Being away from the city the rules are a little more slack

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Kris this is a great idea. If it is possible we could hold a future form meet up at this location. Im just looking thinking beats timHortons! Just a thaught
I agree completely.

Looks great @Kris Jensen

Keep the pictures coming as you get the gallery ready to go! I look forward to coming by to check it all out.

JW

Chris Cramer

Super User
Vendor
Premium Member
Nice work Kris! How exactly did you start selling your work? I've come to the point where I'm begining to think I could do fairly well as an artistic blacksmith. My family and my friends all suggest that I take that on as a side job, when so many people seem to be interested in having me design something for them after seeing what I have already built.
Only I don't have any networking or marketing experience.