• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Anyone with a Craftex 10x22 lathe?

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I need someone to tell what the amperage of the original 5 mm fuses are. I have changed mine in the past but not sure I used the correct amperage. They are a hard size to find in any amperage size.
There are two on the machine....one in the front and one directly behind on the back.

Don

Jwest7788

Joshua West
Administrator
Mine is 10x18, but I've never spotted a fuse on it. Will check to be sure, and let you know if I have one. (Will include a photo if I do, of the motor too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks bud, but I'll guess your machine is quite different than mine maybe. My lathe has a variable speed dc motor on it.

I'm turning down a chunk of that 6.75" from the group buy for a chuck back plate and it makes my lathe grunt a bit and I've blown a fuse. I don't remember if I had the right one in before and only have a larger 10 amp on hand.

Don

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I was able to source the fuses for my craftex 12xsomething cx701 at Canadian tire. I think that is the next size up from yours but pretty similar appearance. Look In the hardware aisle not automotive - they were in a glass case locked up. They are smaller sized than typical.

My notes say :
10 amp 250 volt 052-0733-2 fuses - I think that's the can tire part number.

I've sold the lathe so I can't check further.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks. Ive got 10 amp fuses in now but one of the ones I blew was a 6.3 amp. I just don't remember if that was original or not. It could have been something I put in to get thru a project.

Don

Earl Wong

image.jpg
I need someone to tell what the amperage of the original 5 mm fuses are. I have changed mine in the past but not sure I used the correct amperage. They are a hard size to find in any amperage size.
There are two on the machine....one in the front and one directly behind on the back.

Don
I own a Craftex 10x22 CX706, the front fuse is 10amp/250v, rear fuse is 15amp/250 v
What type of material are you machining for your chuck plate?
I machined a plate for my 5C collet chuck out of a cast iron disc that was from an old brake lathe we don't use anymore, I still have 2 discs if you need one, the cast iron is very nice for a chuck plate.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the info Earl. That's interesting that your front fuse is a 15 amp. I blew a 6.3 amp fuse there and then ran a 10 amp for a long while but when I started my back plate project is when I smoked something. I was worried that the 10 amp fuse I put in was too big. I think the 6.3 amp fuse was something I stuck in but I don't remember what original was. The BACK fuse does actually have a label on machine calling for a 10 amp.
I'm turning a 6.75" chunk of 4140 (I believe) using carbide. It seems to make my lathe really grunt. That back plate you made looks beautiful and cast iron is no doubt the preferred material. I wish I had started with some. Oh well, now I've got parts on order from Busy Bee and I have to wait a MINIMUM of 3 months for them. I've had some terrifically poor luck in getting parts from Busy Bee.

Don