• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Another Amazon Deal - Nicholson File

Dr.Fiero

Nice graph. Did you make that or is there an on-line price tracking resource for that?
Oh I've taken to following virtually every item on Amazon these days, and type them all into a spreadsheet and.... yeah, I'm fulla sheet. ;)

No, it's from the Honey app! When I was on that amazon item page, I just wait for the "H" to come up on the edge of the browser window. You click on price history and extend it out to 120 days (the max) and it gives you the screen grab above. I also hit 'watch' and it'll send me an email when the price drop to an amount, or a % drop. I've saved SO much using it!

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Oh I've taken to following virtually every item on Amazon these days, and type them all into a spreadsheet and.... yeah, I'm fulla sheet. ;)

No, it's from the Honey app! When I was on that amazon item page, I just wait for the "H" to come up on the edge of the browser window. You click on price history and extend it out to 120 days (the max) and it gives you the screen grab above. I also hit 'watch' and it'll send me an email when the price drop to an amount, or a % drop. I've saved SO much using it!

This has to be the best pricing tip I have ever seen!

Hard to believe the other members have not seen this!

You are the man!

THANK YOU!

More questions to follow soon......

But another quickie first..... Do you know if this will work on my android phone?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I'm going to have to say no, as it's a Chrome plug-in.

But if someone knows otherwise... chime in!

Since Android is Google and so is Chrome and since Chrome runs on Android, and that's my preferred browser, there is a chance......albeit a small one.

Thanks again.

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Someone want to roll the dice on this?

Says a box of six files, for $32. And 14" is a pretty darn big file.

FYI - this finally showed up today, only one file in the box...figures.

Contacted Amazon via chat, they just refunded the full order. So I got one (not six) free file.

gerritv

Gerrit
Since Android is Google and so is Chrome and since Chrome runs on Android, and that's my preferred browser, there is a chance......albeit a small one.

Thanks again.
Chrome (Google) and Edge (Microsoft) are both the same code base, and will both run the Honey extension on any platform where you can run the browser. So basically on everything Apple, Android or PC.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Chrome (Google) and Edge (Microsoft) are both the same code base, and will both run the Honey extension on any platform where you can run the browser. So basically on everything Apple, Android or PC.

I have no idea why I didn't just try it...... LOL!

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
Yup, me too...along with a few other techniques, I did a video on it a while ago:
Thanks for the video, that was helpful.

I’ve found getting alerts for deals problematic.

I definitely agree with doing searches for products, Amazon is often no longer the best deal, just the most convenient.

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
I struck it lucky today. I’ve been keeping an eye on a replacement radon detector (Air Things Air Quality and Radon detector) and it jumped to the lowest price ever this morning according to CamelCamelCamel.

Nice to save $100 (even though I spent $200…)

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I struck it lucky today. I’ve been keeping an eye on a replacement radon detector (Air Things Air Quality and Radon detector) and it jumped to the lowest price ever this morning according to CamelCamelCamel.

Nice to save $100 (even though I spent $200…)

Nice 30% off!

But those reviews are not very encouraging. Might be why the price drop. What made you press buy?

StevSmar

(Steven)
Premium Member
But those reviews are not very encouraging. Might be why the price drop. What made you press buy?
I had a standalone meter that worked for about 6 years. I wanted to try one that has the potential for logging historical data into an app so I can see how levels vary throughout the year.

I’d read some of the negative reviews, some of which seemed to be related to not understanding the limitations of the product, so based on the number of positive reviews decided to try one.

I’ll be able to let you know if it lives up to my expectations! If it’s crappy at least it will be 33% cheaper crappy…
(Humidity and temperature is nice, but since I already have devices to log these Radon detection is my primary requirement).

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I had a standalone meter that worked for about 6 years. I wanted to try one that has the potential for logging historical data into an app so I can see how levels vary throughout the year.

I’d read some of the negative reviews, some of which seemed to be related to not understanding the limitations of the product, so based on the number of positive reviews decided to try one.

I’ll be able to let you know if it lives up to my expectations! If it’s crappy at least it will be 33% cheaper crappy…
(Humidity and temperature is nice, but since I already have devices to log these Radon detection is my primary requirement).

Makes sense for you, but what would you recommend for the rest of "us" given that 33% off is not likely to last... .