• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

An orphan Lathe labelled only TY-1024

Fredem

I was gifted a small benchtop lathe. The only identification is a serial number, a build date some time in 1989, and a sticker stating that it is a TY-1024. I have it on good authority that this machine was cloned by Wei Yii somewhere in Taiwan, and that Thomas Skinner sold at least a truck load of them. A long time ago I found a photo in a Ritchie Bros auction flier offering a nicer one for sale in Quebec, but otherwise I have not had any success in discovering anything else about this machine. Has anyone in the group any familiarity? I have no manuals, parts books, reference materials of any kind. The QC gearbox is two knobs. The Alpha selector has 4 positions and the Numeric selector has 4 positions as well. It is a long shot, but as a new arrival in the hobby I have to appeal to the hoary heads. Cheers, Fred

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi Fred after you post 3 times you can post pictures. I suggest doing that along with dimensions and you'll likely get some answers. welcome aboard.

Chip Maker

Super User
Hi Fred. Being a low post newbie as well I can't post any pictures or links yet. I'm fairly certain I have an identical cloned lathe as well as an owners manual. However if you Google Jet 10-24 metal lathe manual, you should be able to find something online.

Chip Maker

Super User
Hi Fred. Being a low post newbie as well I can't post any pictures or links yet. I'm fairly certain I have an identical cloned lathe as well as an owners manual. However if you Google Jet 10-24 metal lathe manual, you should be able to find something online.