An orphan Lathe labelled only TY-1024

Fredem

I was gifted a small benchtop lathe. The only identification is a serial number, a build date some time in 1989, and a sticker stating that it is a TY-1024. I have it on good authority that this machine was cloned by Wei Yii somewhere in Taiwan, and that Thomas Skinner sold at least a truck load of them. A long time ago I found a photo in a Ritchie Bros auction flier offering a nicer one for sale in Quebec, but otherwise I have not had any success in discovering anything else about this machine. Has anyone in the group any familiarity? I have no manuals, parts books, reference materials of any kind. The QC gearbox is two knobs. The Alpha selector has 4 positions and the Numeric selector has 4 positions as well. It is a long shot, but as a new arrival in the hobby I have to appeal to the hoary heads. Cheers, Fred

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Hi Fred after you post 3 times you can post pictures. I suggest doing that along with dimensions and you'll likely get some answers. welcome aboard.

Chip Maker

Super User
Hi Fred. Being a low post newbie as well I can't post any pictures or links yet. I'm fairly certain I have an identical cloned lathe as well as an owners manual. However if you Google Jet 10-24 metal lathe manual, you should be able to find something online.

Chip Maker

Super User
Hi Fred. Being a low post newbie as well I can't post any pictures or links yet. I'm fairly certain I have an identical cloned lathe as well as an owners manual. However if you Google Jet 10-24 metal lathe manual, you should be able to find something online.