Product Aircraft hardware

Product

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I could use anything 2-56 or 4-40

Any chance??
I don't believe I have any 2-56 whatsoever but I do have 4-40. Any particular head style or bolt length you are looking for? I don't have alot of 4-40 stuff but I do have a small pill bottle of some so far

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
@DPittman I just have to ask, how did you amass that collection?
I bought a bunch of stuff from an old retired airline mechanic/technician. He asked if I could use any bolts or screws and I said "always", and then he showed me his stash!

It was only sort of organized and the guy never threw away a single screw or nut even when he should have. The sorting I've been doing has been a bit overwhelming, just sorting out useable from the junk let alone the zillion different styles of bolts and screws.

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Here's an interesting style fastner.... either countersunk or just flat on the "head" end but on the threaded end there is a hex socket. I imagine these are meant to hold something like sheet metal to a frame member where a big faster end on the surface would not be acceptable. 20221117_100201~2.jpg

The Ken

These are Hi-Loks or Hi-Lites. They are an interference fit fastener that are generally stronger than rivets and serve as a permanent type fastener. Airframers use them on frame/stringer joints etc.

little ol' e

Jus' a hobby guy
Holy jumpin',
I'd be screwed rite up after sorting them.
I enjoy aircraft stuff and flying. Although, I don't think the rockets I make as a recreational evening hobby would accept any of those.