Beekeepers have similar lifts for dealing with the honey harvest.That’s why I bought this no more grunting at the tailgate.
It also doubles as a step-up for those awkward working heights or just a variable height for your Ass ( no cup holders included )
View attachment 87803
View attachment 87804
Where did you get it Tom?I’d have to check but I believe it’s around 5/600 kg
I bought a Lift King 4 post 8000lb lift years ago and it's been.......ok.In other news, I bought a set of Quickjacks as I have a mortal fear of being crushed under a car. 5000lb capacity should be enough for the 2000kb MGB.
If I had the room to dedicate to a lift it would be a two post. A four post feels limiting to meI bought a Lift King 4 post 8000lb lift years ago and it's been.......ok.
Not sure I'd do it again.
I had thought about the low profile scissor lift option.
Let us know what you think once you use it a bit.
I had been thinking about getting a four post hoist, what is it about yours that you don't like? I was thinking of a used one in the 10,000 lb range. It is going to live a rough life with me outside and I am willing to accept that. If the camper is still on the truck, I still want to be able to use the hoist, and I will never have a ceiling that high......I bought a Lift King 4 post 8000lb lift years ago and it's been.......ok.
Not sure I'd do it again.
I had thought about the low profile scissor lift option.
Let us know what you think once you use it a bit.
A lot of them, like mine , are moveable. You put the casters on, lower it, and the weight of the decks lift the posts off the floor. Makes it handy for getting it out of the way if you are blessed with lots of space.If I had the room to dedicate to a lift it would be a two post. A four post feels limiting to me
To be really useful you need one or two bridge jacks, and they are stupid expensive. 1500 to 2500 bucks each, depending on the lift capacity. I had 4 of them and two of them failed with a 7000 lb van on them. They have auto lock mechanisms on them to lock into position as they lift, like a ratchet, and once the lock mechanism failed due to a manufacturing fault, once the shaft on the hydraulic ram bent into a pretzel. The other two had either a hydraulic problem or were too high to fit under any non-lifted vehicles. Lift King was great about replacements and finally a full refund but I finally gave up. Too many pair of ruined underwear. My brother in law bought a 14000 lb Bendpack 4 poster with 2 bridgejacks for multiples of what I paid and has had zero problems working on lots of his farm trucks and his boys toys.I had been thinking about getting a four post hoist, what is it about yours that you don't like? I was thinking of a used one in the 10,000 lb range. It is going to live a rough life with me outside and I am willing to accept that. If the camper is still on the truck, I still want to be able to use the hoist, and I will never have a ceiling that high......
MarketplaceWhere did you get it Tom?